Savory muffins recipe easy for delicious savory pies shaped like a cupcake or muffin fluffy and soft, perfect to be presented as a snack as an aperitif or for an ‘ aperitif or to bring for lunch at the beach or in the office. After the Vegetable Fritters and the Pizza Muffins, you couldn’t miss the quick savory muffins!
The basic recipe for savory muffins is very convenient, without brewer’s yeast and without leavening. The dough is prepared in 5 minutes with a few ingredients including eggs, flour, Grana Padano DOP and yogurt, which make savory muffins tasty and very soft, but also light. Adults and children will love them!
I started from the recipe of the salted donut to create savory muffins of various flavors, very nice to present. You can choose whether to make them different as I did or just one taste! Below I will explain everything!
Savory muffins: recipe with super fast dough
For the savory muffin dough
- 200 g Flour 00
- 140 g Unsweetened whole yogurt
- 100 ml Whole milk
- 40 g Grana Padano DOP
- 30 ml Seed oil (peanut, sunflower)
- 3 Medium eggs
- 1 sachet instant yeast for savory preparations
- to taste Salt and pepper
For the filling
- 1 Zucchini
- Half yellow pepper
- Half red pepper
- 1 Tropea red onions
- 60 g Provola
- 8 Black olives
- 1 small sausage
- 4 Cherry tomatoes
- to taste Extra virgin olive oil
- Grana Padano DOP (for au gratin)
- QB Oregano
Savory muffins: basic recipe of the dough
Put the eggs, milk and seed oil in a bowl and beat using a hand whisk. Add a pinch of salt and a sprinkling of pepper.
Add the yogurt, flour, instant yeast for pies and Grana Padano DOP. Mix everything with the whisk. The mixture of savory muffins is ready.
Savory muffins various flavors
- Cut the courgette into thin slices and cook them for 5-6 minutes with a little oil.
- Clean the peppers (a quarter of a red and a quarter of yellow), remove the seeds and the internal white strips and cut into strips. Always cook them for approx. 6 minutes in a pan with a drizzle of oil just to cook. Lightly salt the vegetables and set aside.
- Boil the sausage in boiling water, as indicated on the package and then cut into slices. Remember that cooked must always be used.
- Also slice the salami, olives,
cherry tomatoes, and even the cheese into cubes.
Now everything is ready to stuff our savory muffins!
- Turn on the static oven at 180 ° C
Take the 12-concave muffin pan and place the muffin cups inside.
Take your dough again, take 5 tablespoons and put them in a bowl. This is the dose for 2 muffins. Add some strips of peppers inside and stir.
Put the dough in spoonfuls in the two cups, place a few cubes of provolone on top and cover again with a little bit of dough. Decorate the surface with pepper fillets.
- Put another 5 tablespoons of dough in the bowl and add salami or other ingredients. Fill the cups and always decorate with the ingredient used. Here’s how I made them:
- Peppers and cheese
- Black olives
- Cherry tomatoes and onion
- Savory muffins with courgettes
- Cherry tomatoes and provolone
- These are just a few ideas to let you see some combinations. You can also prepare savory ham and cheese muffins, peas and ham, with mixed vegetables, with salmon, tuna, speck, etc.
Once ready, sprinkle the surface with grated Grana Padano PDO in order to give taste and make the gratinated effect. Over the vegetables, sprinkle some oregano.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for approx. 22 minutes, until golden brown. When they are cooked, let them cool and then serve. Excellent lukewarm, but also cold.
Savory muffins with a single filling
- I made them mixed, especially to give you the idea of a possible filling. You can also choose to prepare them with just one taste. In this case, you can add the chosen ingredients directly to the mixture, without dividing it into bowls each time. Here are the doses:
- 200 g of vegetables (courgettes, peppers, carrots, asparagus, partially cooked peas)
- 100 g of fish or salami (salami, bacon, ham, tuna, salmon, speck)
You can also add some cheese cubes in the center to have a racy heart.
- If you do not want vegetables you can do:
- 200 g of meats or fish
- 80 g of cheese
For example, you can prepare savory ham and cheese muffins or speck and provola.
Also, in this case, decorated with the selected and dusted ingredients of Grana Padano DOP.
- I think I told you everything. The quick savory muffin recipe is longer to write than to do, I assure you. And then you’ll hear that good! They look like rustic muffins, but they are very soft!
Conservation of savory muffins
- I advise you to prepare savory muffins just before serving, even if they are excellent even cold. Store at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap, for 2 days. They remain very soft even in the following days.